Dynamometer and Chair Trolleys The sliding Trolleys on the T-Base should not exhibit looseness. They should appear firm and tight. Test by rocking the Chair, and Dynamometer. Call Biodex with any questions 1.800.224.6339 ext. 2804 If necessary adjust.
Page 2 of 10
SYSTEM 4 FUNCTIONAL CHECK Power up the CDS Cart on the System 4 by turning on the 2 Green Rocker Switches on the rear of the CDS Cart indicated below, then the Main Power Switch on the Left side. Go around to the front of the cart and
manually switch on the Computer. When the software loads it will ask to Initialize the Dynamometer..
1. Dynamometer Initialization Turn the Computer on and wait for Windows to boot up. Click OK to Initialize the Dynamometer. The Dynamometer shaft will move to the full clockwise then counterclockwise Position and return to the 9:00 o’clock position, then the Biodex application Software will boot to the main screen. Click on TEST…see Figure 1. Figure 1.
2 Green Rocker Switches…always left ON Main Power Switch
Page 3 of 10 2. Touch the #1 PAITENT icon and touch ADD PAITENT icon and enter you information into the red required fields, then touch SAVE then CLOSE….Fig. 2-3 Fig. 2
3. Touch the #2 PROTOCOL icon…Fig 3, then select the PROTOCOL button within the Protocol Definition scree…Fig 4
Select LEFT as Involved
Page 4 of 10
4. Open the following folder, Isokinetic, Bilateral Knee and Highlight CON/CNO: TEST 60/60 speed Fig. 5,
5. Press the SELECT button on the bottom of the screen to continue to the next screen…Fig.6 Fig. 6… Press the Red “X” to Close this screen to continue
Page 5 of 10
6. Touch the SELECT ROM icon. The Dyna range of motion screen will appear…Fig 7-8
7. Install Right Knee Attachment, touch Side Selected RIGHT icon then touch CLEAR LIMITS icon Figure 8
Figure 8 8. Move and then hold the attachment at the Horizontal position and touch AWAY LIMIT icon…Figure 8
Page 6 of 10 9. Move and then hold the attachment at the vertical position and touch TOWARDS LIMIT icon, then touch CALIBRATE POSITION, LIMB WEIGHT, then, CONTINUE icons…Figure 8. Touch START icon , follow screen prompts and move the attachment to complete the test….Figure 9-10
Figure 9 Figure 10 10. Once the Test is finished by completing the amount of reps indicated…Touch YES icon to enter the Auto- Set the range of motion…Figure 11. Then touch AUTO SET ROM….Figure 12
Figure 11 Figure 12
11. Remove attachment will appear on the screen. Remove attachment, click OK…Figure 13.
Page 7 of 10
12. Shaft will now turn as machine Auto-Sets Range of Motion. Install Left Knee attachment and VERIFY ROM. It will then indicate ROM OK …Figure 14. Touch CALIBRATE POSITION icon then LIMB WEIGHT icon….Figure 14.
13. Touch START icon and complete Test for the other side (Limb)…
Page 8 of 10
14. Test Complete !...Test saved ! Print Report !...Shut Down Windows, Power Down Equipment.
15. Torque Calibration Verification…final step. Power up the CDS Cart on the System 4 by turning on the 2 Green Rocker Switches (should remain ON) on the rear of the CDS Cart indicated below, then the Main Power Switch on the Left side. Go around to the front of
the cart and manually switch on the Computer. When the software loads it will ask to Initialize the Dynamometer..
16. Click OK in the Initialize Dynamometer Controller window. The display will say Initializing, and the Dyna shaft will move clockwise, counterclockwise, then stop at the 9 o’clock position.
2 Green Rocker Switches
Main Power Switch
Page 9 of 10
17. Click from the top Menu bar., the select Verify Calibration…Follow instruction within the Software. Be sure to enter your name in the red box “Verification Performed by”…see below. 18. Locate Calibration Fixture. 19. Install the upper portion of the shoulder attachment on to the Dynamometer shaft. The single dot on the shaft to the double dot on the attachment…see below.
Note: The weight and attachment must be level to achieve accurate calibration.
Calibration Weight Shoulder
Attachment… approx. 18” long
Page 10 of 10
If the Calibration Verification is Invalid call Biodex 1.800.224.6339 ext. 2804